I came because of a back issue which has been recurring for years. The staff was able to set me up with a daily routine to help reduce the frequency of flair-ups as well as a tool kit of techniques for when the pain is more severe. I would highly recommend Therapy Unlimited to anyone experiencing chronic issues.
MINIMIZING YOUR RISK OF FALLS
How Big Is the Problem?
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Center for Injury Prevention and Control reports:
- More than one-third (1/3) of adults 65 and older fall each year in the United States;
- Falls are the leading cause of injury deaths for older adults;
- In 2003, about 1.8 million people 65 and older were treated in emergency departments for nonfatal falls, and about 460,000 of these patients were hospitalized;
- The rates of fall-related deaths among older adults rose significantly over the past decade;
- Many individuals who fall develop a fear of falling. That may cause them to limit activity, leading to reduced mobility and physical fitness and increasing their risk for additional falls; and
- In 2000, direct medical costs totaled $179 million for fatal falls and $19 billion for nonfatal fall injuries.
What are the risk factors for falls?
How can I manage my fall risk?
What do I do if I fall?
Answers to those questions and more can be found by clicking the side links for additional information.