I am very improves with the staff at Therapy Unlimited. I was being treated for benign positional vertigo and they cured it in 3 – ½ hour sessions. I would have to say they are a knowledgeable group of practitioners. Thanks for your help.
Sincerely, Norm. E.
At Therapy Unlimited, our staff of clinicians will develop a specific program based on your individual needs to help improve your overall bone health, keep your bones healthy, and help you avoid fracture. Your physical therapist may teach you:
- Specific exercises to build bone or decrease the amount of bone loss
- Proper posture to protect your spine from fracture
- Proper alignment during activities of daily living
- How to improve your balance so as to reduce your risk of falling
- How to adjust your environment to protect your bone health
Healthy bone is built and maintained through a healthy lifestyle. Your physical therapist will teach you specific exercises to meet your particular needs. The exercise component for bone building or slowing bone loss is very specific and similar for all ages. Bone grows when it is sufficiently and properly stressed, just as muscle grows when challenged by more than usual weight. Two types of exercise are optimal for bone health: weight-bearing and resistance. Our team will provide your individual bone-building prescription to ensure you are neither overexercising nor under-exercising. Typically, exercises are performed 2 to 3 times a week as part of an overall fitness program.