Our clinic in Novi has continued to be open and available to meet the needs of our patients during the COVID-19 outbreak. As we’ve been open, we have complied with (and exceeded) all State and County regulations as it pertains to the number of people in the clinic, ensuring patients are screened prior to treating, employees are screened prior to their shift start, and sanitizing all surfaces constantly. Our Novi clinic, like our West Bloomfield clinic, is located inside Powerhouse Gym and affords us the opportunity to offer pool therapy to our patients as well as utilize all of the high-quality gym equipment and machines to tailor our patients plans of care to their individual and unique needs. Therapy Unlimited and its staff is beyond proud to be partnered with Powerhouse Gym. Powerhouse, like us, makes their members’ safety and health their number one priority and has demonstrated that commitment with some new and exciting enhancements to gyms.
We are now thrilled to pass along the information obtained from Powerhouse Gym concerning the new measures they’re taking. Rest assured, you will be safe when obtaining physical therapy services at Therapy Unlimited. Read on for information on how Powerhouse is taking additional steps to ensure the safety of their members including how they are the first club in the State of Michigan to install AirPHX technology! We are so fortunate the investments Powerhouse is making for their members directly benefits our patients as well. Our doors are open and we’re here to serve your physical and occupational therapy needs.
At Powerhouse Gym, the health and well-being of our members, employees, and our community is our number one priority. In accordance with government orders and guidelines, Powerhouse Gym is taking extra precautions to help keep our communities safe and healthy. We are committed to providing one of the cleanest and safest health clubs in the country.
We have enhanced our cleanliness and sanitation efforts for you during this pandemic, and our new level of Powerhouse clean will not be reserved for just times of crisis. We are raising the bar on cleanliness and sanitation with hospital grade disinfectants, and our new investments into AirPHX, NanoSeptic Self-Cleaning Surfaces, Emist Electrostatic sprayers, and REME HALO in-duct air purifying units.
We are first club in Michigan with AirPHX technology. AirPHX is one of the world’s most effective and proven air and surface disinfectant technology. It ensures the air and surfaces are being scrubbed 24/7. With this cutting-edge propriety technology, along with our existing janitorial sanitation practices, we can proudly say we have one of the cleanest clubs in Michigan.
In addition to our new investments and enhancements, Powerhouse Gym will take additional precautions to protect our members and community. Each one of us will play an important role in making our club a safe experience for all.
- We are increasing our cleaning rotations to wipe down equipment and hard surfaces more frequently. This includes additional education ensuring all staff members are following proper standard operating procedures.
- We will be asking members to adhere to our policies regarding cleaning equipment before and after each use.
- All Powerhouse Gym staff will be your "Compliance Ambassadors" and will be reminding people that may forget to clean the equipment they use.
- We are increasing the number of sanitation bottles and hand sanitizers, so its easy and readily available for you.
- We will have signage throughout the club as well on our best practices for cleaning and social distancing.
- It is always important to follow proper hygiene and sanitation protocols as well such as regular hand washing, covering your cough or sneeze, avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth. Limiting contact with people who are sick and staying home if you are sick.
- As we navigate through reopening there will be some new things to expect during each phase. Amenities and programming will vary with government orders and guidelines. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this together.
We will send another email as we get closer to reopening with more information on our state guidelines and government mandates and encourage everyone to follow our social media pages for more updates as well. We look forward to servicing everyone soon.